Search Kid Science Link.com
Robots & Robotics
1. (used with a sing.
verb) The science of matter and energy and of interactions
between the two, grouped in traditional fields such as
acoustics, optics, mechanics, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism,
as well as in modern extensions including atomic and nuclear
physics, cryogenics, solid-state physics, particle physics,
and plasma physics.
2. (used with a pl.
verb) Physical properties, interactions, processes, or
laws: the physics of supersonic flight.
3. (used with a sing.
verb) Archaic. The study of the natural or material world
and phenomena; natural philosophy.
- ©2001 American Institute of Physics - A mission to preserve and make known the history of
modern physics and allied fields including astronomy,
geophysics, optics, and the like.
- A Science Odyssey - Then+Now: Physics and Astronomy.
- A Science Odyssey: You
Try It: Radio Transmission..
- Amimated Engines - Some of
the animations are rather large, so you may need to allow
a few extra seconds while each page loads.
- Antibubbles - What is an Antibubble?
- Brad's Free Software - For Learning About Math, Physics, and Engineering.
- Bubble Town - Soap bubble fun and magic.
- Building Big - A PBS miniseries
on megastructures, hosted by David Macaulay.
- Color Matters - Color plays a vitally
important role in the world in which we live. Color can
sway thinking, change actions, and cause reactions.
- EERE:Kids - Dr.E's Energy Lab.
- Energy QuestTM - Energy
Education from California Energy Commission.
- Exploratorium: Origins:
CERN, the world's largest particle accelerator.
- Fermilabyrinth - Take Science Adventure classes at Fermilab.
Hwang - I am not a professional programmer, I am a
physicist. I love physics, and I enjoy playing with physics.
Roller Coaster - This simulator is designed for kids
who want to design their own thrilling coaster and educators
who want to use a cool activity to simulate the application
- OSTI - Office of Scientific & Technical Information, U.S. Department of Energy.
- How Stuff Works
- Hydropower (HYP) - Look up.
- InventorsToolbox - The Elements of Machines.
- Jefferson Lab -
A Department of Energy - National laboratory for nuclear
Workshop - Leonardo's fascination with machines probably
began during his boyhood. Learn more about Leonardo on
- Machine Contest - The Official RUBE
GOLDBERG Web Site.
- NASA Goddard Space
Fligh Center - Laboratory for Extraterrestrial Physics.
- NASA's Marshall
Space Flight Center - Solar Physics Group.
Laws of Motion -an explanation
of how Newton changed our understanding of the Universe
by enumerating his Three Laws of Motion.
- NOAA/NGDC Solar - Terrestrial
- Paul Marmet - List of Papers and
- Photovoltaic Energy
(PHV) - Look up.
- Physics Central - With Physics
Central, we communicate the excitement and importance
of physics to everyone.
- Physics demonstrations, Science Exhibits - By William J. Beaty, Seattle, WA.
- Physics Resources
- PhysicsWeb.org - Photonics, optoelectronics, optics and imaging resources
- PhysLINK - The Ultimate Physics Resource
- Science -
Science for schools from the BBC
- Speed Machines - Fastest Airplane-Boat-Car.
- Sport! Science@The Exploratorium - What's the science behind a home run? Why do curveballs
- The ABC's of Nuclear Science - A brief
introduction to Nuclear Science.
- The American Physical
Society - Presents "A Century of Physics".
- The Bubblesphere - Bubbles, bubble blowing, bubble solutions, bubble history,
bubble fun, bubble games, bubble machines and bubble trivia
are found on this website... and you can learn all about
- Virtual Physics Lab
- VVC, Virtual Visitor Center,
SLAC - High-energy physics, education, accelerator.
- Wind Energy - American Wind Energy Association.
- Beakman's Electric Motor - I saw this on the TV show Beakman's World and I was
very impressed that you could actually build a working
electric motor with so few parts.
- DC CIRCUITS - © Department of Physics, University of Guelph.
- EERE - Activities, games,
and information about renewable energy technology, sources,
and future possibilities - specifically for kids.
- EIA - Energy Information Administration
- Energy Ant hosts the presentation of educational material
to kids and students of all age-grades and provides a
free and easy resource for teachers.
Educational Materials - For teachers. Energenius materials
are available only to schools within PG&E's service
- Energy and Science Projects - Have you heard about the World's First Science Project
- Energy Kids EIA - Energy sources.
Static Electricity - Have you ever experienced static
Snack -Exploratorium Science Snacks.
- FearOfPhysics.com: Fear not! Physics. Explained. Finally.
- Frequencies - BBC World Service. How to listen to our radio programmes
in your area.
Tables - Cumulative Frequency Tables.
- How Stuff Works - Presented by Marshal
- Jones on Stepping Motors - Control of Stepping Motors, a tutorial.
of Science and Technolory - Background Information
Museum of American History - Kids.
- Perovskite - Scholarly articles for Perovskite and Related Structures.
- Science Hobbyists - A site where
you can explore and learn.
in Atmospheric Electricity - Fair weather electricity
is the return part of the circuitry for all the lightning
in the world, and could be an indicator of other global
phenomena as well.
- Soda Bottle Electrostatic
Motor - Billb's Build-it Projects.
Linear AcceleratorCenter's Virtual Visitor Center - Learn about high-energy physics, accelerators, detectors,
applications, experiments, and more!
Electricity - A Health and Safety Guideline for Your
Workplace or School.
- The American
Experience - Edison's Miracle of Light - AC - DC:
What's the Difference?
Superconductor Collection - This site illustrates
how superconductors appear under a microscope.
- Theatre of Electricity - Museum
of Science, Boston.
Science Links for K-12, Children, Teens, Kids, Parents, & Families.
This site was designed, developed and it is maintained by:
The Webb Family
344 Walton Lane Arcata, California 95519
Copyright © 2000-2014 Kid Science Link & Kids Online Resources | YOUR PRIVACY