Search Kid Science Link.com
Robots & Robotics
1. The scientific study
ento·mo·logic (-m-ljk) or ento·mo·logi·cal
:) PestWorld for Kids
Aussie Spider Pics - Kids, don't try this at home, spiders
can and will bite, if provoked.
- 3D Insects - If you like real insects, you would love virtual insects because you can see them big without a microscope.
- AES Bug Club Home Page - Do you want to cuddle a Cockroach, stroke a Stick Insect or hug a Harvestman? Visit the Bug Club.
- Africanized Bees in California - UCR research and extension on the Africanized Honey Bee.
- Africanized Honey Bees on the Move - Lesson Plans.
- AntCast at the NHM - See the ants in action with The NHM live video stream.
- Arachnid Printouts - Arachnid are animals that have an exoskeleton, a two-part segmented body, and 8 jointed legs; they do not have a backbone.
- Araneae, Spiders of North -West Europe.
- Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management - at Colorado State University.
- Brisbane Insects and Spiders - A study of insects and spiders near Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
- Brown Recluse Spider - Photos and Observations.
- Bug Food! - University of Kentucky Department of Entomology.
- Bugscope - A resource to classrooms so that they may remotely operate a scanning electron microscope to image "bugs" at high magnification.
- Butterflies at the Field Museum - Did you know there are about 20,000 different kinds of butterflies in the world?
- Butterflies of Ireland - A photographic guide to the Butterflies of Ireland. The butterfly species are divided into four groups: Small, Brown, White and Multi-colored butterflies.
- Butterfly Conservatory,The - American Museum of Natural History - Tropical Butterflies Alive in Winter.
- Camel Spiders
- Insect Anatomy - Find out what makes an insect an insect?
- California Academy of Sciences - Department of Entomology web site..
- Creepy Crawlies - Aaaahhhh, finally alone. Everybody's left the house and you're by yourself.
- Creepy-Crawlies - UK Safari - Close up photos and information about insects, spiders and other creepy-crawlies in Britain.
- Damselflies & Dragonflies Photographs - (Odonata) of Georgia and the Southeast.
- Department of Entomology - University of Kentucky.
- Dragonflies Swedish - Dragonflies are very ancient insects; they already flew around when the dinosaurs ruled this world.
- Dynastes tityus - female "Eastern Hercules Beetle, Rhinoceros Beetle, Unicorn Beetle"
- Electronic Resources on Lepidoptera - Butterflies and Moths, offers both information about butterflies and moths as well as a comprehensive set of pointers to other sources of electronic information on lepidoptera.
- Entomology Image Gallery -Ticks
- Entomology Web Sites
- Exotic Insects Gallery
- Exotic, Guide to British Insects and other Invertebrates
- Exotic Insects - Pbase.
- Exotic Insects - Pbase a list.
- Forensic Entomology.com - dedicted to the education of crime scene technicians, homicide investigators, coroners, medical examiners, and others involved in the death investigation process.
- General Entomology Links - USFS Pacific Northwest Region, Forest Insects and Diseases.
- Get This Bug Off of Me! - It's a natural reaction to be frightened of some insects. Many insects have the ability to harm people, and many insects look very menacing.
- History of Ants - The Ants of North America.
- Honey Bee Care - An apiary is a bee farm, or a managed area of bee colonies.
- Honey Bee Deaths - “what is killing honey bees”
- Insect Pictures - Insect Printouts. Insects are arthropods (a type of invertebrate, animals that lack a backbone). Enchanted Learning.
- Insects on the Web - Cultural entomology, insect macrophotography, educational resources and links to other web sites.
- Insects, Spiders, Mice and More - University of Nebraska Cooperative Extension in Lancaster.
- Iowa State Entomology Index - K-12 Educators' Recommended Sites.
- Iowa State University - Image Gallery - A wealth of information about insects, their biology and control.
- Japanese Ant Image Database
- Katerpillars (& Mystery Bugs) - This section is designed for teachers, 4-H'ers, young people, and anyone else who wants to pursue an interest in Entomology.
- Lady Beetles! - Lady beetles, also known as ladybird beetles or ladybugs, are beneficial insects which help control many pests.
- Longhorn Beetles - Asian Longhorned Beetle
- Malaysian butterflies
- Monarch Watch - A cooperative network of students, teachers, volunteers and researchers dedicated to the study of the Monarch butterfly...
- Monarchs and Migration - Teachers, students, and families across the country are exploring Monarchs, butterflies, and the mystery of migration.
- National Insect Collection - The National Insect Collection is worldwide in scope and consists of approximately 35 million specimens.
- Neuroptera - Lacewings, Antlions, Dobsonflies, Alderflies, Snakeflies.
- Neuroptera - Notes on Madagascar Neuroptera Fauna.
- North American Insects and Spiders - Cirrus Digital Imaging.
- NOVA Online - Tales from the Hive.
- Predacious Ground Beetles - Referred to as carabids, belong to a large family of beneficial beetles called the Carabidae.
- Rearing Caterpillars - There are over 140,000 species of Butterfly and Moth (Lepidoptera) in the World.
- Spiders of Australia - Common spiders of Australia color photos and some informative text.
- Spiders of NW-Europe - This site contains more than 700 pictures of over 220 spiders commonly found in NW-Europe, especially the area between the Netherlands and the south of France.
- Spiders of Vietnam
- Stag Beetles of Taiwan - Stag beetles found on the island of Taiwan and others...
- Tasty Insect Recipes - Iowa State University's Tasty Insect Recipes As featured on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno!
- Texas A & M University - Discover Entomology - Insects in the Classroom - Bugs as teaching tools for all ages.
- The Adventures of Herman - The autobiography of Squirmin' Herman the worm.
- The American Tarantula Society - The Largest Arachnid Society In The World Tarantulas, Other Spiders, Scorpions & Other Arachnid Orders.
- The Antlion Pit - A collection of resources related to the fascinating antlion, or "doodlebug."
- The Butterfly Farmer - Find out - Why Butterfly Farming is important?
- The Butterfly WebSite! - Join us in learning more about the fascinating world of butterflies.
- The Food Insects Newsletter, Inc. - You will never go hungry learn to cook & eat a bug.
- TheButterflySite.com! - We offer 12 pages packed full of information on all sorts of Butterfly topics.
- Tiger Beetles of Nebraska - Tiger beetles (Family Cicindelidae) are aptly-named voracious predators of the insect world.
- University of Kentucky - Entomology for Kids.
- University of Kentucky Department of Entomology - Katerpillars & Mystery Bugs.
- University of Kentucky Entomology for Kids - Bugfood: Insect-themed Food.
- Where Do Butterflies Come From? - It comes from a chrysalis (KRIS-uh-liss) which is also called a pupa.
- Youth Entomology Resources - Entomology Education (and Fun!) for Kids and Teachers.
Ticks & Mites
Science Links for K-12, Children, Teens, Kids, Parents, & Families.
This site was designed, developed and it is maintained by:
The Webb Family
344 Walton Lane Arcata, California 95519
Copyright © 2000-2014 Kid Science Link & Kids Online Resources | YOUR PRIVACY