Search Kid Science Link.com
Robots & Robotics
bot·a·ny (btn-)n. pl.
a. The science or study
b. A book or scholarly
work on this subject.
2. The plant life of
a particular area: the botany of the Ohio River valley.
3. The characteristic
features and biology of a particular kind of plant or
Horticulture - Just for Kids.
Horticulture - Texas A&M University Department of
Garden Organic - The
organic organisation - organic gardening, farming & food.
It Rot: The Gardener's Guide to Composting, by Stu Campbell
for all ages.
University of Illinois
Extension - Urban Programs Resource Network.
Worm World - Discovery Kids.
- American Forests - The nation's
oldest nonprofit conservation organization.
Reproduction - Asexual reproduction is the formation
of new individuals from the cell(s) of a single parent.
- Botany.com - Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers.
- Botany Department - National Museum of Natural History.
- Botany.org - Botanical Society of America..
Wildflowers - Look-up photos and descriptions of California
wildflowers by color, common name, Latin name or family.
- Desert Plants & Wildflowers - Desert USA.
- Ethnobotany Database - Native American.
- Evergreen Project Adventures - Biomes
and Ecosystems of the world.
- Farrand Lab - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- This lab is interested in the biology and the molecular biology of the plant pathogen, Agrobacterium tumefaciens.
- Flora of China - Flora of
China Project. An international collaborative effort to
publish the first English language account of China's
- Floral Radiographs -
The Secret Garden.
- Forestry Images - Forestry Images is a joint project of the Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health, USDA Forest Service and International Society of Arboriculture.
- Forest Insects and Diseases
Photo Gallery - Pacific Northwest Region.
- Fun with Lichens - Oregon State University - Lichens are a successful alliance between a fungus and an alga.
- Galleria Carnivora - A museum of colour photographs of carnivorous plants.
- Horticulture and Home Pest News - Iowa State University - Season-specific information concerning plant pathology, horticulture and pests.
- How to extract DNA from anything living - Using your blender and an onion, here's how you can
extract some long strands of DNA.
- Idaho Forest - Forests are
- Junior Master Gardener - An international youth gardening program of the University Extension network..
- Kids - National Geographic - Here you’ll encounter a variety of
habitats—places perfectly suited for particular
plants and animals.
- KinderGARDEN - An introduction to the many ways children can interact
with plants and the outdoors.
Plants - Images, Identification, and Information.
- OSU PlantFacts - PlantFacts has
merged several digital collections developed at Ohio State
University to become an international knowledge bank and
multimedia learning center.
Propagation - An Overview of Asexual Reproduction.
- Plants National Database - A site including a large database of plant names, a
plant Photo Gallery, Plant Fact Sheets, Culturally Significant
Plants, Noxious and Invasive Plants, Plant Characteristics,
Threatened and Endangered Plant , and more.
- Lichenland - Lichens
are a successful alliance between a fungus and an alga.
Learn why you should care about Lichens.
- Mold Terrarium - Make a Mold Terrariun and watch the mold grow.
- Natural Resources Conservation Services - USDA Plants.
- Paper - How
paper is made.
- Smokey Bear - Bear facts, forest fun,
coloring, and interactive games.
- The Amazing Story of Kudzu - Love
It, Or Hate It... It Grows On You! Or you can wear it.
- The Pencil Pages - From trees to pencils.
Incense Cedar Institute.
- University of California - Peach Leaf Curl and Related Diseases.
- USDA - Learn about
agriculture and farming.
- US Wheat Genome Project - The long term goal of this project is to decipher the chromosomal location and biological function of all genes in the wheat (Triticum spp.) genomes.
- Vermicomposting -
The Worms Crawl In, The Worms Crawl 'About'!
- Walton Hall Nature
Trail - Open University Ecology and Evolution Research
- Weed Identification
and Control - Colorado State University Cooperative
Science Links for K-12, Children, Teens, Kids, Parents, & Families.
This site was designed, developed and it is maintained by:
The Webb Family
344 Walton Lane Arcata, California 95519
Copyright © 2000-2014 Kid Science Link & Kids Online Resources | YOUR PRIVACY