bot·a·ny (btn-)n. pl.
a. The science or study
b. A book or scholarly
work on this subject.
2. The plant life of
a particular area: the botany of the Ohio River valley.
3. The characteristic
features and biology of a particular kind of plant or
4-H Children's Garden Kids' Tour - Rich in exploration,
surprises, learning, fun, filled with hundreds of links to
panoramas, QTVRs, games, ASL signs, videos, eCards, and information
for parents and teachers.
Horticulture - Just for Kids.
Horticulture - Texas A&M University Department of
Garden Organic - The
organic organisation - organic gardening, farming & food.
It Rot: The Gardener's Guide to Composting, by Stu Campbell
for all ages.
University of Illinois
Extension - Urban Programs Resource Network.
Worm World - Discovery Kids.
- Idaho Forest - Forests are
- Junior Master Gardener - An international youth gardening program of the University Extension network.
- Kidsgardening - National Gardening Association - We use gardening as a vehicle for encouraging children to make good food choices, augmenting classroom studies with experiential learning...
- Kids - National Geographic - Here you’ll encounter a variety of
habitats—places perfectly suited for particular
plants and animals.
- KinderGARDEN - An introduction to the many ways children can interact
with plants and the outdoors.
Plants - Images, Identification, and Information.
- OSU PlantFacts - PlantFacts has
merged several digital collections developed at Ohio State
University to become an international knowledge bank and
multimedia learning center.
Propagation - An Overview of Asexual Reproduction.
- Plants National Database - A site including a large database of plant names, a
plant Photo Gallery, Plant Fact Sheets, Culturally Significant
Plants, Noxious and Invasive Plants, Plant Characteristics,
Threatened and Endangered Plant , and more.
- Lichenland - Lichens
are a successful alliance between a fungus and an alga.
Learn why you should care about Lichens.
- Mold Terrarium - Make a Mold Terrariun and watch the mold grow.
- Natural Perspective - The material here is organized according to the biological
principles of Taxonomy, or classification.
- Natural Resources Conservation Services - USDA Plants.
- NATURE: The Seedy Side of Plants - Learn the clever ways plants use to get around, even
though they are literally rooted to the spot.
- Paper University - How
trees provide us with paper.
- Purdue Plant & Pest Diagnosic Laboratory - Frequently Asked Questions.
- Smokey Bear - Bear facts, forest fun,
coloring, and interactive games.
Charles Darwin's "Abominable Mystery" - Scientists
are using chemical fossils to hunt down one of our planet's
most vexing missing links -- the first-ever flowering
- The Amazing Story of Kudzu - Love
It, Or Hate It... It Grows On You! Or you can wear it.
- The Pencil Pages - From trees to pencils.
Incense Cedar Institute.
- Tropical Fruit
Photography - Tropical fruits often look like some
strange creatures or things from a Sci-Fi movie. How they
are photograph (macro, wide angle, telephoto, filters,
Photoshop) can create all kinds of exaggerated effects...
- University of California - Peach Leaf Curl and Related Diseases.
- USDA - Learn about
agriculture and farming.
- US Wheat Genome Project - The long term goal of this project is to decipher the chromosomal location and biological function of all genes in the wheat (Triticum spp.) genomes.
- Vermicomposting -
The Worms Crawl In, The Worms Crawl 'About'!
- Walton Hall Nature
Trail - Open University Ecology and Evolution Research
- Weed Identification
and Control - Colorado State University Cooperative